Strake Jesuit is a Catholic, four-year, college preparatory school for young men grades 9-12 located in Houston, Texas. The school’s mission is to assist young men in their formation as leaders and as 'Men for Others' through a program of rigorous college preparation in the tradition of the Society of Jesus. The school seeks to hire and retain employees who are skilled in their field, involved participants in the school community, active in their faith, and enthusiastically dedicated to carrying out the mission of the school. Applicants should have an ability to relate to and work well with others, possess excellent writing, communication, organizational and leadership skills, and have a strong proficiency with computers and technology. A working knowledge of the Society of Jesus and Jesuit education is preferred. Salary commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com, by fax to 713-774-6427, or by mail to Strake Jesuit, Office of the Principal, 8900 Bellaire Boulevard, Houston, Texas, 77036. For questions, contact Sheri Jones at 713-490-8108.
Faculty Openings 2016-17
A Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate teaching area is required, with a Master’s Degree preferred. In addition to being a full-time member of the teaching faculty, duties include participation in an ongoing teacher formation program, assisting in the daily needs of the school community, and moderating or assisting in at least one extracurricular program offered by the school.
Theology - an applicant for this position must be a practicing Catholic in good standing and have a bachelor’s or graduate degree in theology from an accredited Catholic college or university.
Athletic Openings 2015-16
Strake Jesuit is a member of the University Interscholastic League (UIL) and competes at the 6A level in baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, soccer, swimming, tennis, track & field, and wrestling. Lacrosse competes in the Texas High School Lacrosse League (THSLL), water polo competes in the Texas Interscholastic Coaches Association (TISCA), and rugby competes in the Texas Rugby Union. Jesuit teams compete at the highest level classification in all of the leagues in which it is a member. Candidates should possess outstanding acumen in their sport. Duties include: fostering good sportsmanship and character in student-athletes, supporting a positive coaching atmosphere, providing for the safety and welfare of student athletes, supporting and abiding by the athletic policies and rules of the school and its leagues, and fully supporting a multi-sport athlete program.
Assistant Lacrosse Coach (part-time)
Assistant Rugby Coach (part-time)
Department: Development Office
Position: Director of Annual Funds
The Director of Annual Funds is responsible for the planning, building, and execution of a comprehensive annual fund program, encompassing annual gifts from current and former parents, alumni, and other constituencies. Specifically, this position is actively involved in database entry and report generation in addition to gift solicitation and coordinating donor recognition and stewardship activities.
The Director of Annual Funds reports to the Director of Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• In conjunction with Development Team, works with potential donors of the school by developing and maintaining positive relationships through active participation in school-wide events and activities.
• Develops and implements various appeal strategies such as mailings, phone-a-thons, thank-a-thons, web-based marketing, personal solicitation, and cultivation events.
• Generates and analyzes data to determine giving patterns, trends, and opportunities.
• Continues to develop the school’s online giving program and online Matching Gift program.
• Responsible for report generation and ensuring database effectiveness.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of the annual giving program on an annual basis. When necessary, recommends new strategies for the success of the program.
• Ensures and completes the process of gift acknowledgement in a timely manner.
• Prepares and coordinates data collection and mailing of all drive solicitation letters and pledge statements.
• Helps manage fundraising database; focuses on donor identification, contact information, and giving trends.
• Responsible for active research of donor prospects and profiles.
• Promotes teamwork among volunteers and recognizes their accomplishments.
• Collaborates with the Director of Alumni Relations on fundraising activities, communication, and events.
• Collaborates with the Gift Officer in gift solicitation by making donor and prospect phone calls.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 713.271.3407 or by mail to Director of Development N.J. Santarcangelo '67, 8900 Bellaire, Houston, Texas 77036. For questions contact N.J. Santarcangelo at 713.490.8152.
Part-time Bus Driver
Strake Jesuit is looking for part-time Bus Operators to assist in the transport of students to athletic competitions and other school related functions. Most, but not all trips would occur after 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday, on average three to four trips per week. The successful applicant will have a current Class B commercial driver’s license with a Passenger and School Bus endorsement. Equipment to be operated has an hydraulic breaking system so an air break endorsement is not required. Candidates must be in good health and be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening. A set stipend amount will be paid per round trip driven. If interested please contract Dave Muras at 713-774-7651 to set up an interview.