|The Jesuit Football program fields five teams, Varsity, Junior Varsity Green and White, and Freshman Green and White. Our teams compete against the best public and private schools in the state. The Crusader Football Program plays it's home games in Crusader Stadium which seats 5,000 spectators, contains a large press box, Field Turf playing surface, and an eight lane track.
- Gates Open at 6:00pm.
- General Admission Tickets are $7.00 at the gates. Children under 6 years free.
- Visitors Ticket Booth and Entrance are on the East side of the Main Gym.
- Once you leave the Stadium you may not re-enter.
- No smoking, tobacco, gum, pets, noise makers, skateboards or scooters allowed in the stadium.
Tailgating is welcome at home football games as long as the following rules and guidelines are followed. Guests who do not follow these rules may be escorted from the event by security officers.
- Permission to tailgate from the Athletic Director must be obtained prior to game day.
- Strake Jesuit students and student groups must receive permission from the Dean of Students Office at least 1 week prior to game day.
- Tailgaters may not take up parking spots with chairs, tables or the like. Parking spots are reserved for vehicles only.
- Alcohol is prohibited at all student events, including football games.
FRESHMEN FOOTBALL WEEKLY
(Lifting days: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during 8th period football PE)
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: practice ends at 4:45 pm (starting August 10)
- Thursday: Game Day
- Friday: Practice ends at 3:45 pm at the end of 8th period football PE
- Saturday: no Freshmen practice
VARSITY & JUNIOR VARSITY WEEKLY
(Lifting days: Monday and Wednesday from 7:00-7:30 am, Saturday at 10:00-12:30 pm)
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: practice ends at 5:30 pm (starting August 10)
- Thursday: Junior Varsity Game Day / Varsity practice ends at 3:45 pm at the end of 8th period football PE
If Varsity Game Day on Friday:
- Junior Varsity practice ends at 3:45 pm on Friday / Junior Varsity off on Saturday
- Pre-Game: Varsity reports locker room at 3:10 pm on Friday for Roll Check and Game Day Routine
- Post-Game: ALL Varsity players are required to ride the bus back with the team. For extenuating circumstances, contact Head Coach James Clancy
- Saturday: Varsity workout from 10:00 am-12:30 pm / Junior Varsity no practice.
If Varsity Game Day on Saturday:
- We have 5 Saturday games this year. Itineraries for each game and distributed through parent group emails.
HUDL VIDEO SYSTEM
Hudl is a internet based video system used for game preparation and game film evaluation. Parents can request a Hudl login so parents will be able to view their son’s game anytime, anywhere. We hope this provides parents an additional opportunity to share time with your son, and be a part of his football experience at Strake Jesuit. Parents can also create highlights and send them to family and friends. Strake Jesuit parents may request a Hudl login, by emailing email the following information to Head Coach James Clancy: 1) family name, 2) family email, 3) cell phone, 4) cell provider (ATT, Verizon, Sprint, etc).
OPEN WEEK, COLLEGE VISITS, RETREATS & TESTING
Varsity football players are highly encouraged to schedule college visits and retreats during the football Open Week of September 17-22. We will conduct regular practice during Open Week, however we are united in the effort to help our students accomplish their goals and participate in the many varied areas our school provides. Players are responsible for talking with Head Coach James Clancy about any visits, retreats or testing that may cause an absence.
Mr. James Clancy
713.490.8249 - email
Mr. Kelly Clemons
Special Teams/OL Assistant
713.490.8241 - email
Mr. Chad Collier
713.490.83 - email
Mr. Raul Garcia-Rameau
713.490.8242 - email
Mr. Matt Hoelscher
713.490.8151 - email
Mr. Tatum Lynn
713.490.8126 - email
Mr. Steve Mossbarger
713.490.8124 - email
Mr. Steve Sulentic
713.490.8230 - email
Mr. Willie Webster
713.490.8214 - email