For more information, click here to go to the New Orleans Province Vocations information.
Through pastoral counseling, spiritual direction, and retreat activities, the Pastoral Ministry Department helps individual students to discern what God’s unique call is for each of them. Furthermore, in collaboration with the Jesuit Community, Pastoral Ministry promotes vocations to the priesthood and religious life in a variety of ways:
- Approximately four times a year, the Jesuit Community hosts “Vocation Evenings.” Juniors and Seniors are invited to join the Jesuit Community for Evening Prayer, Dinner and a discussion on issues of the priesthood and religious life.
- Pastoral Ministry sponsors “Kostka Club,” a group of freshmen and sophomores who gather once a month to explore the possibility of priesthood and religious life, to do community service, to pray in common, and to socialize with one another.
- Juniors and Seniors participate in “Xavier Club,” a group that gathers once a month to prayerfully explore their vocation and calling. The Jesuit Community hosts this group to join them for evening prayer and dinner, followed by fellowship and discussion.
- Once a year, Jesuit novices host “Jesuit Days,” two days wherein Theology classes are invited to witness presentations on Jesuit life.
- Pastoral Ministry offers a day of recollection for students exploring their vocation during each semester.