Because much of the information that parents need and want is online and a login is required to access it, below is a general overview of these various online sites, what purpose they serve, and login instructions.
Online Grades provides access to students’ schedule and their most recent progress report or report card.
Grades for Progress Reports and Reports Cards are due from teachers on Mondays as indicated on the school calendar. These reports will normally not be available online until the following Tuesday evening, except mid-term grades which will not be available until after Christmas.
To access Online Grades through he school web site:
- Click on Parents in the lefthand navigation bar or use the link in the Quick Links box on the home page
- Use the link at the bottom of the next page to access the Online Grades login page
- On the log-in page, the User ID will be the student’s last name, an underscore, and then the initials of his first and middle names (EX: William Edward Smith is smith_we). The Password is the first two letters of your son’s last name followed by the last four digits of his Social Security Number with no spaces. (Example: If William Edward Smith’s SSN is 123-45-6789, then his password would be sm6789).
If you experience any problems log-in in, please contact Assistant Principal Trip Norkus at 713.490.8139 or at email@example.com
ONLINE COURSEWARE (Moodle)
Strake Jesuit uses a product called Moodle for their Online Courseware. This Online Courseware is used by faculty members to post homework assignments, administer online quizzes, host discussions board, provide students with links, and upload files.
This site is primarily for teachers and students. Parents who would like access must acquire their son’s login information from him.
A student’s login for Online Courseware is the same as his network login for school computers and their school e-mail account.
If a student has a password or User Name issue, these issues cannot be resolved via email. He must go to the library circulation desk, show your student id to the librarian and request their user id and password information.
If they change your password and forgot what you changed it to, they must request a password reset in person with your student id at the library circulation desk.
To access the Online Courseware site through the school web site:
- Click on Parents in the lefthand navigation bar or in the Quick Links box on the home page.
- in the upper righthand corner, click on Login
NAVIANCE FAMILY CONNECTION
Naviance is a web-based tool that allows students and parents to investigate, research, track and plan for the college admissions process and to explore different career paths
All parents and students are provided with a specific registration code which must be entered during one's initial visit to Family Connection. They will then be prompted to enter an email address (which becomes their User Name) and then create a password. The user name and password are then used for access on subsequent visits.
All returning students have active accounts and have used Family Connection with their counselor.
All incoming freshmen and transfer students will activate their accounts when they meet with your counselors.
Parents can request an activation code from their son’s counselor.
To access Naviance on the school web site:
- Scroll over Academics in the top navigation bar
-,in the drop down menu under Guidance & Counseling scroll over College Counseling
- in the next drop down menu click on Naviance
Should you have any problems, contact your son's counselor.
PARENTS ONLINE COMMUNITY
The Strake Jesuit Parents Online Community is a networking site populated by all current and past parents.
Parents can login, access their own contact information and update that information as needed. They can also search for other parents and invite other community members to join their Friends List. In addition, they can post pictures to share.
The e-mail addresses for parents in this community are the ones used by the school for their parents blast e-mails during the school year. Both parents have their own profile in the community.
To access the Parents Online Community:
- Under 'Parents' in the main navigation bar, click on Parents Online Community in the drop=down menu
- if this is the first time to login, click on First Time Login at the very top of the page (above the Search box)
- otherwise, click on Login at the very top of the page (above the Search box) and use the Login Name and Password you set-up on your first visit
If you have any problems, contact Rick Rivers, Director of Communications at 713.490.8225 or at firstname.lastname@example.org