SEVERAL BOARD MEMBERS CONCLUDE SERVICE
Thursday, May 16, 2012
Seven members of the Strake Jesuit Board of Directors concluded their terms at the Boards final meeting on Wednesday, May 15 and were recognized at the annual Board of Directors dinner which followed. Among those ending their service on the Board was Doug Konopka who has served as Chairman for the last three years.
Those stepping down include:
- Pedro Alvarez who is a George R. Brown Professor and Chair of Civil and Environmental Engineering Departments Rice University who served on the board for six years.
- Justin Daffron, SJ who is a Doctoral Student, Loyola University Chicago and had served on the board for six years.
- Betsy Garibaldi who served on the board for six years and had four sons graduate from Jesuit - Matt ‘02, Chris ‘04, Tim ‘06
- Jeff Johnson, SJ who leaves the board after four years but will be joining the school's staff as Assistant Principal for Student Affairs in the fall
- Jim Murphy '76 who is President - Westchase District and a Member of Texas House of Representatives has served on the board for six years and has one son who graduated from Jesuit, Robert ‘10, and one graduating this year - Pace ‘12.
- John O'Shea who served on the board for five years and has one son who graduated from Jesuit, Chris ‘08, and one that will be graduating thus year - Jim ‘12.
- Doug Konopka who is President of DHK Development, Inc. and has served on the board for seven years including the last three as Chairman. He has had two sons graduate from Jesuit - Cole ‘07 and Trevor ‘10.