Student Step-by-Step Process
Set career interests and goals
• Answer the following questions: What career field and industry interest you? Will you base your college major on this particular interest?
Not sure exactly what you want to do? That’s what this process is all about.
Explore internship opportunities
• Strake Jesuit offers an excellent network of alumni willing to mentor and partner with current students in the internship program. Students are also given the opportunity to seek their own internship to use with the program.
Complete your resume
• Students will be required to complete and submit a resume as part of the hiring/orientation process. The Strake Jesuit counseling center offers a wealth of resources to help you craft the best possible cover letter and resume. Please see Mr. Carroll if you have any questions concerning this process.
Interview for internship
• Students will be required to participate in multiple interviews as part of the application/orientation process. Please see Mr. Carroll if you have any questions concerning this process.
• All students participating in the internship will be required to attend an internship orientation. During this orientation students will meet with their mentor and program instructor to discuss scheduling for the summer, outline expectations and resources, explain the course requirements, and answer your pre-internship questions. This orientation can take place at Strake Jesuit or onsite at the location of the internship.
Complete internship and conclude internship course
• Upon completion of the internship, students and mentors will be asked to complete an online survey. Students will also be required to make a presentation of their experience at the internship forum. The forum will be held on the afternoon of June 29, 2016. This will be the conclusion of the summer school internship course and all internship assignments must be completed at this point.
• Based on TCCED guidelines, all students will receive a general elective 0.5 credit for their participation in a Strake Jesuit approved internship. The internship must run during the duration of summer school which will be June 6 –June 30, 2016. During this time the students will be expected to complete 60 hours of interning or shadowing over a 3-4 week period in order to gain credit for the internship. Students will be required to register for and attend the first day of summer school. Students will also be required to complete all course assignments.
• Students and mentors will be asked to complete surveys during the final week of the internship assignment. Mentor surveys will be used to help determine the students overall grade in the internship course. Student surveys will consist of their experience and will be utilized to better the program for the future.
If you are interested in helping us grow this new program, or for additional information, please contact Jeffrey Carroll at email@example.com or 713-272-4320.