Mrs. Alaina King Benford
Alaina earned a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing from Texas Southern University and her law degree from Thurgood Marshall School of Law where she was Law Review Editor-in-Chief. She received the Texas Southern University Outstanding Alumni Award in 2017.
Alaina joined litigation boutique Jordan, Lynch and Cancienne PLLC as a partner in 2019 after practicing law for over 18 years at Norton Rose Fulbright f/k/a Fulbright & Jaworski, LLP where she was the second African American woman associate elected to partner in the firm’s history. Alaina handles litigation matters across a wide range of industries including infrastructure, energy, real estate, utilities, manufacturing, and transportation. Alaina was named to Best Lawyers in America in 2021 and Texas Super Lawyers.
Alaina is passionate about servant leadership, particularly in the areas of education, arts and youth development. Some of her organizational service includes:
- Annunciation Orthodox School Board of Trustees (2006 – 2015)
- The Rise School Board of Directors (2013 – 2016)
- Midtown Arts Theater Center of Houston (MATCH) Board of Trustees (2011-2016)
- Wheeler Avenue Baptist Church (20+ year member, founder of Legal Ministry)
- Houston Chapter of Jack and Jill of America, Inc. Chapter President (2019-2021)
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. (30 year Silver Star Member)
- Association of Women Attorneys Foundation Board Chair (2019-2020)
Alaina and her husband Leo have two sons - Langston ’23 and Leo, II (St. Pius X ’18).