Service Hour Requirements
- Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors: Participation in a Service Day organized by the Pastoral Ministry Office
- Seniors: 75 hours and participation in a Senior Service Reflection Day
Deadline to Complete Senior Service – December 31, 2023
Students must complete their service hours by December 31, 2023.
Submitting Completed Service Hours
Each senior is assigned a Service Coordinator. Students report their completed service hours to their Service Coordinator who will verify that each student has successfully completed their hours. The Service Coordinator will follow up with the service location to ensure hours have been completed and accurately reported.
- enter the details about the completed service and
- submit a letter or email from an adult in charge at the service location so that completed hours can be verified by the Service Coordinator.
Shortly after the December 31, 2023 deadline, students will (1) write a service reflection in their Theology class and (2) share their experience of service in their Advisory group.
When can I start my service project?
Students may begin their service project no earlier than 15 months before the hours are due. For 2023-24, service may be completed anytime between December 1, 2022 and December 31, 2023.
No Compensation for Service
Students must not accept any compensation or gifts for their service.
What happens if a student does not complete the service project by the deadline?
Students who do not complete their service hours by the December deadline will
- become ineligible for extracurricular activities,
- lose senior privileges, and
- lose access to their grades, Report Cards, or transcripts until they have completed their service project requirements or otherwise receive permission from the Pastoral Ministry Office.
Seniors who fail to complete their service project will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Where can I complete my service project?
Students may complete their service at any of the service locations listed in the document linked here
. A student who wishes to serve at a place that is not on the pre-approved list must contact a Service Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org
) for approval before beginning the service. Otherwise, the service hours may not be allowed.