The House System
In August of 2013, Strake Jesuit launched their House System at Freshman Orientation. Students are divided amongst four houses, and remain in these houses until they graduate from Strake Jesuit. Throughout the year, houses compete against each other to earn their house various quarterly and yearly rewards.
The goal of the House System is to provide an opportunity for students and faculty to interact across grade levels. In doing so, the community benefits from increased school spirit, positive peer pressure, increased social connectedness, and healthy competition.
- Event Attendance: A student who attends an approved event (sporting event, drama production, concert, dance, etc.) will receive one point for his House.
-Participation in Programs: Students who belong to a student organization (sports team, drama, band, chorus, etc.) will receive one point for his House. These points are awarded at the end of your season.
- Conduct: On the first Friday of every month, Houses will be awarded 50 points for the house with the fewest Penance Halls in the previous month.
- Academics: Students may earn one point for his house for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters by making the Honor Roll. Points will be awarded during the months of October, January, and March.
- Quarterly: The House with the most points for each quarter receive a house-wide treat, which could include ice cream, breakfast, or another similar reward.
- Annually: The House with the most points for the year will be named House Champions for that year and celebrate with a house wide party.
Congratulations to the 2018-2019 House Champions: REGIS HOUSE!