No Limits Debate Camp
Strake Jesuit Debate Camp
June 3–14, 2019
You are invited to attend the Strake Jesuit No Limits Debate Camp. After an outstanding year last summer, we are back, better than ever. We especially encourage our middle school debaters to consider joining us this summer.
ABOUT THE CAMP
- We will have two levels of labs, one for the beginner or less experienced, one for the intermediate/more experienced debater (including the beginners who attended last year). Noted national circuit critic and coach Chris Castillo will run the intermediate/advanced lab. If you attended last year and found the camp to be a useful and positive experience, come back for more advanced training.
- We operate from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, ensuring plenty of time for practice rounds each day!
- We will have access to a fully equipped computer lab for research and case writing.
- Public Forum Camp is back bigger and better than ever.
As before, what we promise you is that you will learn the skills that will make you a winner both in competition, in the classroom and for the rest of your life! We focus specifically on preparing debaters for the LOCAL Texas TFA circuit. Nobody else does this.
When: Weekdays June 3–14, 2019; 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Location: Strake Jesuit College Prep , 8900 Bellaire Blvd., Houston, Texas 77036
The Camp Fee: $500.00 (You read that right; that is all it costs. Scholarships are also available.)
WHY THIS CAMP
- To train dedicated, serious debaters who can’t afford the $1,000’s of dollars for a national camp.
- Create a cadre of well-trained local debaters who can share their skills with their team mates and raise the level of local circuit debate.
- To allow our best and brightest to develop to their full potential.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND ?
People who are dead serious about becoming top-notch Public Forum and LD debaters , especially on the local circuit.
Freshmen, or other SJ beginning debaters who want to get a head start on their preparation for competition, or just get a sense of what High School Debate is all about .
Rising Seventh and Eight graders who want to learn the basics of successful competitive debate.
WHO ARE THE INSTRUCTORS?
Mr. Murvin Auzenne and Mr. Jerry Crist will be camp co-coordinators and chief instructors. Mr. Crist is the head coach and Mr. Auzenne is the assistant head coach of the Strake Jesuit Debate Team. They have helped coach top National debaters, including TFA state champs in 2006 , 2008 and 2018; two TFA runners-up in 2009 and 2011; a third place TFA finisher in 2010; the 2008 NFL National Champion in LD; and numerous other top national debaters. Mr. Auzenne has also taught at the UT debate camp and the VBI camp.
Chris Castillo is in charge of the intermediate/advanced LD lab. He is a long time fixture on the national circuit as a judge, instructor and coach with the SJ Debate program.
New this summer: an additional seasoned local debate coach to help with the administration of the camp. Mr. Cecil Trent is head coach of the highly successful Memorial High School debate team.
Strake Jesuit debaters and debate alumni will round out our staff.
We served 80+ aspiring debaters last summer and we look forward to meeting you or your debater this year. JOIN NOW! REGISTER BELOW.