Moody Memorial Library
Library Hours: Monday – Friday 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Central to any high school education is teaching today's students how to gather and discern information for tomorrow's issues. The Moody Memorial Library, dedicated in 1970 and named in honor of Texas businessman and philanthropist William Lewis Moody, Jr., offers students a place to study independently or in groups and to retrieve both print and electronic information for the challenging academic program at Strake Jesuit.
Resource materials available to our students include:
· Extensive online reference and electronic database collections with access to full-text journal articles, newspapers, books, images and more from Britannica School, Cambridge Companions, Drama Online, EbscoHost, Gale/Cengage Learning, JSTOR and Oxford University Press.
· 12,000 books and audio-visual materials that cater to all types of interests and needs, easily accessible by searching Follett, our online catalog system
· eBook and audio book collections available both on and off campus provided through our partnership with OverDrive
· Over twenty print magazine and newspaper subscriptions
· Thirty-six networked computers installed with programs including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud
Our library facilities contain large study tables, group study rooms equipped with apple TVs, a silent study room, comfortable seating, printers and a copy machine. The library building also houses the IT Department, the Strake Archives Room, the Faculty and Staff Innovation Center and the Learning Resource Center.